|Red Amaranthus & Carrot Soup (Thandu Keerai Carrot Soup)|
- 1 cup chopped red amaranth's stems (thandu keerai)
- 1/4 cup round sliced carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 4 garlic flakes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 dry red chilies
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Wash and cut the stems. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Add broken red chilies and saute a while.
- Add garlic flakes and chopped onion. Cook for few mins. Add chopped tomatoes and saute a while.
- Add chopped stems, turmeric powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, chopped coriander and 4 cup water. Add pinch of salt and cook it covered for 15 mins.
- Add remaining salt to taste and cook it covered for another 10 mins. Remove from the heat and serve hot.